If you Invest on Glass Fireplace Doors?
When you have a fireplace, then it is recommended to purchase glass fireplace doors. Why? Here are some of the top reasons why you ought to purchase glass fireplace doors:
· They can be very attractive and striking additions to your current fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors become a barrier between your property and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you’re paying money to heat your chimney. During summer time months, you pay to cool it!
Other items that you need to know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you are using glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed while the fire is burning, you are going to need to clean ash out from the glass fire doors vent after each and every few times of use. The vent is very important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air in order that all of the hot air from the interior of your property can’t escape up throughout your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that may withstand high heat. Other doors can crack when put under the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass through and are highly heat resistant. Obviously, for these benefits, you are going to have to cover significantly more than you would for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from stepping into the room. Obviously, tempered glass fireplace doors can still increase the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the extra airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you have a selection, though, go with ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Ensure that your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you want them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Obviously, the better sealed your doors are, the dirty they are going to get. You may have to spend more time cleaning the soot away from well sealed glass fireplace doors – you don’t wish to ruin your view of the fire.
· One method to keep the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to put in a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are with the capacity of keeping children and pets out from the fire and the fire from the family area, realize they can still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, simply by touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your kids are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your kids are old enough, you may decide to only run your fireplace when they are not home or have already been put to bed.